5.12.08

Welcome to my BlogPro-coalition rally in Ottawa

I hope the blog title doesn't sound too Sex in the City cliché. Change has never been my strong suit. Realistically, I know that it's inevitable that life as I know it (at any one period in time) is going to change. Makes sense. Intellectually. That understanding doesn't seem to help the stress that comes with transition.

I guess this blog is the attempt to deal with all of that. After spending the past cagillion years in school, it is finally coming to an end.

A little bit about me. I moved to Ottawa about 6 years ago. I spent most of my life in another large Canadian city. I am a pretty average person with too much time to think. Blogging is good for putting words to a jumble of unproductive thoughts.

I'm trying to live my life to the fullest by continuing to learn new things, see new places and be the best person I can be. I also love documenting life. Not surprisingly, this love guides my professional life too.

I have several years of pictures of Ottawa that I've kept on my laptop. Since my previous blogs have been more anonymous, I haven't really had the opportunity to share them. I think it's time to change that. In fact, I was going to post some of my favourite pictures of Ottawa, but then political drama struck and it seems far more timely to share picturs from the pro-coalition rally today.





Here are some snippets of speeches given by Dion, Duceppe and Layton.



I really wish Dion was a better communicator. I don't think it's fully a language issue, because Jean Chretien wasn't really a great communicator in English or French. But, the message got across. Granted, the economy was more stable. To be honest, it was Layton that did the best job of being coherent and straightforward. I think Dion gets caught up in strange word choice....

"Don't you think your members of parliament were right to say no to the plan that Stephen Harper was proposing to Canada?"

I'm sure there's a clearer way of saying that. People do not grasp on to the words as required and the message is lost.

No comments: