10.12.08

OC Transpo Strike



This is the CBC article, written ahead of time, describing what will happen in Ottawa tomorrow. Is that disturbing to anyone else? There are so many elements that I could talk about with regards to this strike. But, it's nothing that hasn't been said elsewhere, like here, here and here. Really, the overriding feeling is just fatigue. Between the economy and government, I'm not interested in any more drama right now.

I feel that we have been sufficiently exposed to drama and historical moments. So, let's move on to the business of just living our lives.

How does all of this affect me? I'm looking for a job and despite several months of trying and years of education, it has not been easy. Several leads, but no commitments. Things are in too much of a state of flux for anyone to think about progressing a company or making new hires.

Thankfully, I don't rely on driving for most of my daily activities. But, my SO does. We have a car, but the idea of struggling across the city after 15-20 cm of snow and freezing rain with everyone else in the city is not appealing. Actually, it's pretty scary.

I am really looking forward to being on the "other end" of the ways things are right now.

If you're looking for transportation options, here are some link:

- Ottawa Car Pool
- Ottawa Ride Match
- OC Transpo's suggestions

No comments: